Saturday, November 15, 2008

How amusing a language learning

Heute möchte ich eine ganz lustige Blogpost schreiben. Seit ich Deutsch lerne, habe ich immer viel Spaß, Englisch direkt von Deutsch zu übersetzen. 

Today wish I a totally funny Blogpost to write. Since I German learn, have I always a lot of fun, English directly from German to translate.

Es gibt auch einige sogenannte "falsche Freunde", d.h., das gleiche Wort hat total verschiedene Bedeutungen in Englisch und in Deutsch. Eine gute Beispiel ist das Wort "Gift". Gift is das deutsches Wort für "poison". "Brav" bedeutet "well-behaved". "Bald" heiß "soon". 

There are also several so-called "false friends", that is, the same word has totally different meanings in English and in German. A good example is the word "gift". "Gift" is the German word for poison. "Brav" means "well-behaved". "Bald" is "soon". 

Ein witzige Satz, den ich einmal hörte, ist "I work hardly". Der Sprecher möchte "I work hard" sagen, aber er stattdessen "I hardly work" gesprochen hat. 

A funny sentence, which I once heard, is "I work hardly". The speaker wish "I work hard" to say, but he instead "I hardly work" spoken has. 

Ich finde Deutsch eine mehr direkte Sprache als Englisch, weil man ein deutsches Fremdwort einfacher vermuten kann. 

I find German a more direct language than English, because one a German foreign word easier to guess can. 

Hast du ein bisschen Deutsch gelernt? 

Have you a little German learnt? 

No comments: