Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Being A Macar(l)oonie


Lemon-green tea, rote Grütze (mixed red berries) and classic Choc macarons,
a gift for my most dedicated German teacher

An earlier try of Pierre Hermes' Choc Macarons recipe. 
The most chocolatey macarons, I must say. 

The same maracons, albeit dissected "a la TPJC Bio Lab"

The very first batch of decent-looking Vanilla macarons 
with hazelnut choc filling, baked in my new home

My obsession with macarons started a year ago. I know what got me hooked - a writer's explanation of the intricacies of making them. Challenging baking processes fascinate me. I'm the best example of the ironies of things - I continue to bake them because I am still not sure that they would look like how they are supposed to. I have definitely exaggerated the difficulties of making macarons to myself, because I still get a high whenever I see the macarons perform their levitation acts in the oven. 

Macarons anyone?

No comments: